Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Schweddy Family Recipe

No one can resist Alec Baldwin's Schweddy balls!
I spent all day yesterday making meatballs for a potluck dinner and they turned out perfectly! Just like Mama used to make, or one of my Auntie's, I don't remember exactly where the recipe came from. Oh well, they were delicious and that's all that counts.
Here's my recipe:
Sweet n' Sour Meatballs
In your ground beef add
1/4 cup of milk
1/2 cup of bread crumbs
Garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste
And I threw in some finely chopped white onion.
Then fry those babies up!


Okay, while those guys are frying away you'll want to get the sauce started. I used my slow cooker but you can use a pot on the stove too, it doesn't really matter.


Alright sauce time!
You need:
1 cup of water
1/2 cup of white vinegar
2/3 cup of ketchup
3/4 cup of brown sugar
2 tbsp. of soya sauce
2 tbsp. of corn starch
Mix that all together, adding the corn starch little by little so that it doesn't get lumpy.
Then when your meatballs are nice and browned dump them in the sauce.
I made about 80 meatballs and cooked them on high for about 4 hours and voila! Some yummy meatsaballs! Just look at those Schweddy balls! So hot and steamy, the smell is heavenly!


Unfortunately my meatballs were a big hit at the potluck, so i didn't get to have any leftovers. I was so looking forward to a messy meatball sandwich for lunch too. Booourns.


No comments:

Post a Comment